I.llustrating power over a
L.ife changing world
E.very corner of
K.nowing of the
I.llusions that could follow
N.ow we must write
G.oing against, and yet for
Silence speaks more often then i do
silence says what words often cannot
write the silence,
read the silence,
Speak the silence…
Hey there, the names Tucker London Cadle. 18. shy. loves music, fun, poetry/writing, and most importantly, God.
on this blog, I write random things, and i re-blog a lot of beautiful, inspiring, cute, informing or funny stuff. yep, if you want to know anything else just ask!
God doesn’t call us because we are gifted or talented. He uses us because we are obedient and dependent on Him. He doesn’t call the qualified; He qualifies the called.“I’m Not Good Enough”…and Other Lies Women Tell Themselves (via justaregulargirlorwhatever)
[God will call you to do something] and you’ll say, “Nooooo!”
For a few years.Reuben on living faithful to the calling. He didn’t say “for a few years” flippantly, or to mean that eventually God will get his way anyway. He said it to emphasise the personal struggle, sometimes wearingly long, of aligning one’s will to God’s. (via sheruiqi) Literary Therapy
Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lot’s of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.
(via a-b-eautiful-disaster)still sane
if I ever get married I don’t want an expensive ring like I really don’t if I got a ring worth $15,000 I’d be mad do you know how many video games and pop tarts we could’ve bought with that
For real tho.christmas dinner is people
Have you ever thought: “God, I really love you and I just wish you could use me - somehow! ‘I want to be a missionary’, ‘solve world poverty’, ‘show my classmates Your love’, or at the very least ‘just please use me to get my dog saved”
Are you one of those people who posts a video on YouTube and comes back weeks later to find nobody else has even watched it. You walk around at school and people just seem to bump into you - as if you were invisible. Nobody even talks to you, and you would die of shock if anyone showed the slightest interest in your opinion. You may have even asked God “can you REALLY use ME? REALLY?” And then came up with every reason why he can’t. I’ve been there.
Some of us grow up so shy, that even the thought of witnessing to your dog scares the living daylight out of you. I remember there was a time in my life when I was so concerned with what others thought of me, that it even affected the way I walked. I told God a million reasons why he couldn’t use me. “I’m too quite!, I have stage fright!, what about the anxiety attacks!?, I’m to afraid,” and yet God has and will always put me into situations where I have to face these weaknesses and fears head on by relying on him. the amazing part is I went from “I can’t!” To “..but YOU can” God has brought me from stage fright to being at least somewhat confident on a stage, from anxiety attacks to peace, from fear to courage, how?, because his grace is sufficient for me.
One of my favorite verses is 2 Corinthians 12:9
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
God likes to use our weaknesses, God does not care about our abilities, our physical or even mental strength. God has consistently chosen those who are considered “weak” to do His work. I’m often reminded of the saying “God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called.” We have to realize that God is looking for the faithfulness in our hearts- not our muscle or abilities; once we realize this, nothing is impossible for the underdogs.
When I was 16, I used to compare myself to my talented friends. They were the STARS of the school, entering public speaking events, performing and being in dramas… they were so outgoing and they all had so many friends. It even seemed they were talented at everything they did.
Too often we think God just uses the talented - WRONG! God uses those who rely on Him, regardless of their natural talents. In fact God finds it easier to use those who don’t rely on their talents, - but instead rely on Him. I have learnd to say to God… “everything I can’t do - use it for your glory”… and miraculously He does… and yes, God will even use your quirkiness, awkwardness and embarrassments for His glory, I know this from experience. Haha.
Reinhard Bonke says: “Jesus does not choose us because of what we are, but because of what he makes from us.”
Reinhard is a simple German man who God has used phenomenally to touch the continent of Africa with the awesome news of Jesus Christ, but he had small beginnings. A refugee whose father became a prisoner of war, Reinhard didn’t do well in school, or in his work apprenticeship. Even his own father who was a pastor discouraged him when God called him to ministry. At the age of ten when Reinhard got his calling to go and reach Africa with the good news of Jesus, his father discouraged him saying: “Reinhard, your oldest brother shall be my successor…”.
History has certainly told a different story of this ‘nobody’ that most people would have discarded. He now runs city-wide meetings across the continent of Africa with as many as 1.6 million people attended a single gathering. In these massive meetings people meet Jesus, are filled with the Holy Spirit, sick people are healed and the power of the gospel is demonstrated.
Who does God call and Equip? When Jesus chose his twelve disciples, he chose what some may see as losers - even after praying for hours he still chose them.
I love the way Reinhard Bonke explains it:
"I don’t need to pray twelve hours and then make such bad choices … impetuious Peter, a man with a quick temper… He chose the sons of Zebidee… they were hotheads… He came down from the mountain and he chose ordinary people - people like me and people like you. With all our mistakes, with our weaknesses He still chooses us. I think if I had been Jesus, I wouldn’t have gone to the beach for some ignorant fishermen."
"I think I would have gone to the university…. I would have said to the professors, - give me a list of the finest young men, the sharpest brains, movers of people, great orators…. Jesus didn’t come close to a university. He chose ordinary people…. God doesn’t need Superman and He doesn’t need Superwoman."
"We may not be the choice of people, but Jesus is here to point with His finger at you and He says - I have chosen YOU to go and preach the word of God. In Germany we have a saying when somebody is no good, - really no good, we say ‘that one over there is a ZERO’…."
…”He fails his exams, he can’t find a job or can’t hold a job - he’s just a zero. Well I must be honest with you - when God called me I was just a zero - just a zero. But listen to what happened. When God called me - being a zero I responded. I came to Jesus and I stood next to Him. That moment I made the discovery of my life.”
"Because I discovered that Jesus is number one and when I, as the zero, stood next to Him we were already 10. - Any other zero here? - come and stand next to me and we are already 100. Any more zeros? 1000, 10000, 100000, 1000000, 10000000. And then I realised Jesus puts value into every zero. I don’t even mind to be the last zero, because the last zero is the most valuable. 100000000 is more than 100 as long as the one is in front - Jesus, - we are all highly valuable, but take the one away, and we are all but zeros again."
"This is how God calls, how God chooses. It’s a secret that needs to be understood. It doesn’t matter who you are what you are. Jesus makes you valuable, highly valuable. He calls you, He equips you and He sends you and He will be with you all the way right to the end of time and to the end of the earth…."
About a year ago, I found myself with many complexes, insecurities and hangups, but at the same time understanding that God usues the very things I was trying to hide and that whatever God called me to, I can’t do it by myself. -That is the point when Jesus can start to use us - when we come to an end of our own holiness, reasoning and abilities - and trust Him to take over.
God does not really care how qualified you are: You may be a high school dropout, or a budding genious. It doesn’t matter if you are psychologically challenged, confident, or full of complexities. God doesn’t care if we are great leaders, movers of people or talented communicators.
That’s the beauty of grace… All we need to do is believe in, and grasp hold of what Jesus did for us… Jesus took our poverty, sin and sickness, insecurities, and weaknesses - and as we rest in His grace, - He gives us an abundant life - we are ALL on the same playing field.
We are “Zeroes”
He is number one.
We are nothing.
He is everything!
Our skills don’t impress God, our holiness doesn’t impress God. When God looks at us, he sees the Christ-skills, Christ-thoughts, Christ-abilities, and yes - even the holiness of Jesus.
Next time you feel like you can’t be used by God - remember these two verses:
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me” -2 Corinthians 12:9
"But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart" -1 Samuel 16:7
Waiting for the one God has for you doesn’t necessarily mean you should wait until He drops a man off at your door step.That’s not the way it works.
YOU ARE SOMEBODY SPECIAL
In Freshman Election interviews this week, I asked every candidate, “What is a leader?” and it’s really made me think about what I myself consider a leader. Am I all the things I expect in one? I would’ve answered like this. #leadership #motivation #SGA #futuregenerations #makeadiff #qualities #leaderiam #bealeader
- Jesus is not the person from church who judged you.
- Jesus is not a bigot.
- Jesus is not a racist.
- Jesus is not a bully.
- Jesus is not the Christian who singled you out for your sin.
- Jesus is not the Christian who talked about you behind your back.
- Jesus is the Savior of the world.
- Jesus forgives.
- Jesus died for you.
- Jesus brings hope.
- Jesus is light.
- Jesus loves you more than you can imagine.
(via hisgracekeepsmeafloat)Jesus Loves You!